Friday, September 16, 2011

Favorite Poems

"September Twelfth 2001" by X.J. Kennedy
and....
"I said it to you" by Paul Eluard
and....
"The Trail is Not a Trail" by Gary Snyder

All these poems stuck out to me compared to the others. However the one that stuck out most was obviously the 9/11 related one because that is someting I was familiar with and could really get into it and understand and feel the emotions and pain. That impacted us greatly and because of that I will always remember the effect it had. "I said it to you" stuck out to me because it seemed as if someone was really caring about someone looking up to them as a leader or hero and showing how much they mean. Saying "I said it to you for your thoughts for your words" If someone were to say that to me I would be so touched. Knowing someone wants to listen to your words and them thinking what you have to say is knowledgeable, important, etc is a compliment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment